Peter Welch for Congress
Donald Trump is the most divisive president in my lifetime. Together, we must fight his disastrous policies and call him out for his relentless attacks on our civil liberties and democratic institutions.
We must also fight for an alternative agenda that rebuilds the American middle class, revitalizes rural America, and protects our planet. Here is my plan:
- Pass a comprehensive climate change bill that makes significant investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Cut prescription drug prices by negotiating bulk price discounts and developing generic alternatives to expensive brand drugs
- Raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour
- Expand quality affordable health care to all Americans by enacting Medicare for All legislation
- Rebuild our infrastructure and build out broadband in rural America
- Enact commonsense gun safety reforms to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them
- Provide resources to community leaders battling the opioid epidemic and developing alternative pain treatments
- Make higher education and job training accessible and affordable for all Americans
- Restore net neutrality and open access to the internet
As cynical and partisan as our current political climate is, I remain hopeful about our future and inspired by the example set every day by Vermonters. With your help, we will take back the House and Senate and stop Donald Trump's poisonous agenda in its tracks.