"The key choice facing Americans in this election is whether we will rebuild our economy by supporting the middle class or return to the same trickle-down policies that nearly drove our economy over the cliff. I am fighting to create jobs that rebuild the middle class so that Americans can support their families, send their children to college, and save for a secure retirement."
- Supports infrastructure investments that will create good jobs by rebuilding America’s roads, bridges, water and sewer systems, schools and airports, and by expanding broadband services to all Vermonters;
- Successfully fought to increase student financial aid and stop the doubling of student loan interest rates;
- Is the nationally recognized champion in Congress of energy efficiency investments that create good manufacturing jobs, cut energy bills, and improve the environment; and
- Supports federal investments to create a 21st century green energy economy.
- Is fighting to help home owners current on their mortgages to refinance and take advantage of historically low interest rates.