"From dairy farms that dot our landscape to local vegetable and flower farms that supply our thriving farmers' markets, farming is a way of life in Vermont and a key sector of our economy. The struggle of farmers is Vermont’s struggle and their success is Vermont’s success.”
- Working with Vermont dairy farmers, wrote legislation to minimize milk price volatility and bring fair and consistent prices to Vermont dairy farmers;
- Is a member of the House Agriculture Committee and founder of the House Dairy Caucus;
- Secured federal assistance to help farmers recover from Tropical Storm Irene;
- Is a strong advocate of legislation supporting the local food movement;
- Is working with schools to bring local, nutritious food to student meal programs.