"Vermont is rich with innovation and entrepreneurs. One of my top priorities in Congress is helping Vermont businesses and their employees succeed.”
- Co-authored the bipartisan JOBS Act which freed up capital for small businesses;
- Cut out-of-control “swipe fees” charged to businesses by credit card companies and big banks;
- Secured federal funds to rebuild Vermont’s businesses, roads and bridges in the wake of Tropical Storm Irene;
- Is working to create a new federal loan program to better meet the needs of small businesses damaged by natural disasters;
- Passed bipartisan legislation in the House that would cut small business energy costs.