Peter is working hard to support Vermont’s farmers, especially struggling dairy farmers who are facing unprecedented economic challenges.
- Enact milk supply management program
- Strengthen the dairy insurance program
- Require the FDA to enforce its definition of milk
- End the corn ethanol mandate that raises the price of feed for farmers, damages small engines, and harms the environment
- Stop the FDA from requiring “added sugar” labels on Vermont pure maple syrup
- Support organic farmers by funding organic research and imposing oversight of imported organic products
- Advance the local food movement and farm-to-plate initiatives